About this MOOC
Transform pixels into powerful insights.
This course is for anyone who wants to learn—or learn more—about the many uses of imagery, the many types of imagery, and the rapidly growing integration of imagery with GIS. Explore cutting-edge imagery applications and advanced tools to extract information from imagery and remotely sensed data. Course exercises guide you through the steps to tackle essential imagery workflows using the latest ArcGIS desktop and cloud-based apps.
- Discover the large collection of ready-to-use imagery data available in ArcGIS Living Atlas of the World and put it to use in course projects.
- Apply dynamic raster processing functions and powerful techniques to enhance visualization and understanding.
- Perform real-world analyses to extract meaning, monitor change over time, and create location-based information from imagery using ArcGIS Pro and ArcGIS Online.
- Create and share 2D and 3D imagery-derived products to communicate analysis results and enable decision-makers to take action.
- Experience with Windows-based software for basic file management and browsing is required.
- Familiarity with GIS and ArcGIS will be helpful but is not required.
Esri provides free access to ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Online, and ArcGIS Image Analyst software during the course. To complete course exercises, you must use a machine that meets the ArcGIS Pro system requirements.
A broadband Internet connection and a web browser that allows access to PDF files and embedded video files are required. We recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Microsoft Edge.
Registration & Attendance
Its a really great thing that everything nowadays is happening ONLINE due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In order to register for this MOOC, you can click on the following link: https://www.esri.com/training/catalog/6074ab588e68a831e4d8974b/imagery-in-action/
Make sure you have your ESRI Training account too. If not, you can always register for an account on the page. Once you click on the Enroll button, you will be prompted to Sign-up or Sign-In.